We are running a Kickstarter campaign from Tuesday, September 6, 2022 until Thursday, October 6, 2022.
Thou Shalt Not Suffer is an upcoming podcast about witch trials. Rather than focus exclusively on one geographical area or time period, our show covers witch trials from ancient times to the present, around the globe. We talk about history, current events, and all aspects of witch trials.
We feature historical facts and interviews with leading witch trial researchers and activists. Each episode includes the story of a historical person accused of witchcraft and an update on witch-hunts happening in the world right now.
The show will be available on all major podcast platforms, including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Audible, Podcast Index, TuneIn Radio, Stitcher, Pandora, iHeart Radio, and Listen Notes.
We are running the Kickstarter campaign to raise funds for new equipment and services. Kickstarter is all or nothing, so if we don’t reach our goal of $10,000, we do not receive anything. The costs of podcasting quickly add up, and our current equipment is not designed for quality podcasting.
$10,000 will cover one year of basic expenses, including:
- Microphone accessories, including stand, pop filters, and shock mounts
- Digital Audio Workstations
- A new computer for editing audio
- Podcast-recording software
- Podcast hosting platform
- Our website
- Books by our guests
- Research materials
- Podcast artwork
- Theme music
- File storage
Other expenses include Kickstarter’s 5% fee, the payment processor’s 5% fee, and taxes.
Using our current equipment, which is budget-friendly and vintage, and free trials of software and online services, we have recorded two episodes and are recording our third on Thursday, September 8. Our first three episodes focus on the Connecticut witch trials and include updates on witch-hunts happening now in Africa. Future episodes will feature witch trials in Massachusetts, the United Kingdom, and beyond.
When our show premieres on October 6, we will have six episodes completely processed and queued. People who donate $5 or more will receive at least one episode a week in advance. Depending upon the rewards tier you select, you may receive more. There’s even an option to receive early access for life.
Upcoming episodes include:
- CT WITCH Memorial with Beth Caruso and Tony Griego
- Connecticut Witch Trial Exoneration Project with Beth Caruso, Tony Griego, and Mary-Louise Bingham
- Connecticut Witch Trials with Dr. Scott Culpepper
- Springfield, MA Witch Trials with Dr. Malcolm Gaskill
Please back our project with whatever amount you can comfortably give. Everyone who contributes at least $1 will receive multiple rewards. The more you give, the more you get.
We are offering the following rewards, which are unlocked by selecting progressively more generous donation tiers:
- Social media shoutout
- Backer-only live project update video
- Early access to episodes
- Follow-back on Twitter
- A shoutout on the podcast
- Pet/familiar photo posted on Twitter
- Shoutout on a donor page on our website
- Special shoutout post on our blog
- Your choice of an episode topic
- Personal letter from the hosts
- Justice magpie sticker
- Your choice of guest
- Virtual coffee date with the hosts
- Birthday shoutout
- Memorial post for an ancestor accused of witchcraft
- Early access for life
- Co-host an episode with your choice of guest
If you are able to contribute, please do so as soon as you can. The more donations we receive upfront, the more attention our campaign will attract.
Visit our Kickstarter page for more information. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/joshhutchinson/thou-shalt-not-suffer/
Thank you for your consideration.
Josh Hutchinson and Sarah Jack
Hosts, Thou Shalt Not Suffer